The leaves and flowers of Beach Morning Glory have anti-inflammatory actions, both at the site of inflammation and throughout the body, and gives relief for involuntary muscle spasms
Ingredients and Tools
- Boiling water
- Heat-proof container with lid (like a pot)
- Fresh Beach Morning Glory(Ipomoea imperati) leaves or flowers
- Cheesecloth, mesh coffee filter, fine strainer, or pantyhose
- A clean cloth
- Place leaves and/or flowers in a heat-proof container.
- Pour boiling hot water over plant material and cover.
- Let steep for up to 30 minutes.
- Strain the herbs out of the liquid using a cheesecloth, mesh coffee filter, fine strainer, or even a pantyhose.
- Dip a piece of clean cloth in the warm infusion and then squeeze out excess liquid.
- Apply the compress to the inflamed area and feel the soothing relief.
- When the compress cools, dip it into the warm infusion again, squeeze out excess, and reapply.