Rosemary has a soothing effect on the digestive system. It promotes liver function and the production of bile, which helps with digestion. Adding this herb to foods is a simple way to help your digestive system.
- 8 large potatoes (about 4 lbs)
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (about 2 tbsp, or more to taste)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, add 1 tsp salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, allow to simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until tender, and drain.
- Place in a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, and mash.